Last updated on 4 February 2023.
We respect the privacy of children and “child” means an individual under the age of 13. All information and content on this website are intended for individuals over the age of 18. Children under the age of 13 are prohibited from using this website. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information from children under the age of 13 without prior parental or guardian consent. If you believe any personal information is collected from someone under the age of 13 without parental or guardian consent, then please contact us at email@example.com to have that information deleted.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW IT IS USED
When you access and use the website, you may provide certain personally identifiable information including but not limited to your name, email address, and phone number.
This information is collected when you contact us, provide comments or any other feedback, fill in a form or enter any other information on the website to communicate with us.
Your personal information is used to personalize your experience, improve the website to better serve you, provide customer service support, efficiently process your requests, tailor advertisements to you, elicit reviews of services or products, provide you offers, promotions and to follow up with you through correspondence (email or phone). We may also use this information to provide you offers and promotions from our partners and/or our affiliates in exchange for a commission without additional cost to you.
Additionally, like other websites, this website automatically collects certain information about you through Log Data, Google Analytics, and HotJar. Log Data is information about your computer’s Internet Protocol Address, which is your “IP” address, browser information, Internet Service Provider’s information, your operating system, and your browser type. Similarly, Google Analytics collects certain information about your location, browsing history, the pages you visit, the equipment you used to access the website, traffic patterns, and other general patterns related to your use of the website. HotJar is a tool that tracks your behavior on the site’s pages by recording your scrolls, clicks, etc.
This information is used to analyze website statistics related to user behavior and interests, improve our performance and your use of the website and to further enhance our products and services offered to you.
COMMENTS AND SOCIAL MEDIA
When you leave a comment, your name, gravatar, comment and any information you provided will appear on this website. Your email will not be shown on the website or shared with a third party but may be used to communicate with you. Please do not type your email address in the Name field if you are not interested in showing your email on the website. Please note by posting a comment on this website, you consent to the posting of any Personal Information that you provide. You should be aware that such Personal Information can be read, collected, or used by other visitors. We have no control over how these visitors use your Personal Information.
Social media accounts and sharing options are available on this website. Social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and others) can track your personal information. Should you choose to interact with us on social media, please note that you will be voluntarily disclosing that personal information. This information is no longer private. It becomes public information and can be collected and used by others. We have no control over and take no responsibility for the use, storage or dissemination of such publicly-disclosed personal information by you.
Any such interactions via comments and social media with us do not subject us to any kind of liability related to misuse of your information by others.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
When you leave a comment or fill in a form on our website, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment or fill in another form. These cookies will last for one year.
This information is only collected to better serve and understand your user experience on the website. You have the option of turning off cookies on your computer should you wish to do so. If you choose to do that, you may not be able to view all the features and content of this website.
USE OF WEB BEACONS AND PIXELS
We may use social media pixels to track and collect general information about your use in compliance with different social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and others) for the purpose of promoting products, tracking conversions, remarketing, running target advertisements and so forth.
Third parties like Facebook may use their own cookies, web beacons and other technologies to collect and receive information from our website for the purpose of providing target advertisements. You may see our ads on Facebook or YouTube after you have visited our website.
THIRD-PARTY LINKS AND USE
We have no control over these third parties and they have their own privacy policies. Neither are we responsible for the activities and practices of these third parties. You should contact them directly and read their privacy policies for any questions. You also agree that your use of these third-party websites is solely at your risk.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
As a general rule, we do not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent with the exception of the following circumstances:
- We may disclose your information to our trusted third parties that work with us such as our website hosting partners, email marketing service provider, other service providers that assist in the operation of the website, and any other affiliates and subsidiaries we rely upon to provide you products and services offered here.
- We may disclose your information in order to comply with state or federal regulations related to copyright infringement lawsuits or any other legal claims related to the website.
GDPR VISITOR RIGHTS
Under the GDPR, if you are within the European Union, you are entitled to certain rights and information listed below.
We will retain any information you choose to provide to us until the earlier of:
- You ask us to delete the information by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that such requests may result in you no longer being able to access paid or free content previously provided to you.
- Our decision to cease using our existing data providers.
- The Company decides to no longer be in business or continue to offer the services.
- The data is no longer needed to provide you service, is too costly to maintain further retention, or the Company finds it outdated.
You have the right to request access to your data that we store and have the ability to access your personal data.
You have the right to either rectify or erase your personal data. You have the right to verify the accuracy of your personal data and have it corrected or removed completely. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
You have the right to seek restrictions on the processing of your data. When you restrict the processing of your data, we can store your data but cannot process it further.
You have the right to object to the processing of your data in certain circumstances including but not limited to direct marketing, profiling, scientific or historical research purposes, statistical purposes, automated decision making and profiling and tasks based on legitimate interests or in the public interest/exercise of official authority.
You have the right to the portability of your data. You have the right to request your personal data from us, receive it and transfer it to another controller.
You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. If you have provided consent to the Company’s processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing based upon consent that occurred prior to your withdrawal of consent.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over issues related to the General Data Protection Regulation.
We require only the information that is reasonably necessary to enter into a contract with you. We will not require you to provide consent for any unnecessary processing as a condition of entering into a contract with us.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING DATA UNDER THE GDPR
Under the GDPR, we may process your data under the following legal basis:
- Consent: when you give us clear consent to process your personal data for one or more specific purpose.
- Contractual Necessity: when processing your personal data is necessary to fulfill a contract with you.
- Legal Obligation: when processing of your personal data is necessary to comply with the law such as data related to taxes or employee records.
- Vital Interests: when processing of your personal data is necessary to protect your life or health.
- Public Interests: when processing of your personal data is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or for official functions.
- Legitimate Interests: when processing of your personal data is necessary to further our legitimate interests such as marketing activities.
YOUR STATE PRIVACY RIGHTS
State consumer privacy laws may give their residents additional rights in terms of how we use their personal information. These privacy rights vary depending on the local laws that apply to you.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah each provide their state residents with rights to:
- Confirm whether we process their personal information.
- Access and delete certain personal information.
- Data portability.
- Opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia also provide their state residents with rights to:
- Correct inaccuracies in their personal information, taking into account the information’s nature processing purpose.
- Opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
Nevada provides its residents with a limited right to opt-out of certain types of personal information being sold by a business. The opt-out option does not apply to all types of data, however; it does protect sensitive medical or financial data, for example. Please note that we do not currently sell data that triggers the opt-out requirements of that statute.
To exercise any of these rights above under different states, please contact us with your request at email@example.com and please include your name, email address, and mailing address.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA COMPLIANCE)
If you reside in California, you are entitled to additional rights under California law and we ensure compliance with the CCPA. Here are your rights:
- You have the right to know whether your personal information is sold or disclosed to third parties.
- You have the right to say no to the sale of your personal information.
- You also have the right to access your personal information, which we will provide within 30 days of such request.
- You have the right to have your personal information deleted
- You have the right to equal service, price and no discrimination
- You have the right to data portability and right to request your personal information and use it for your own purposes
Pursuant to California’s “Shine the Light Act,” you are permitted to request information about the manner in which we share certain categories of information with third parties for their marketing use. We may disclose your personal information to our affiliates or other related third parties such as service providers, vendors for their use in marketing to you, so we can provide the products and/or services offered on this website to you. When we disclose such information, your personal information is still kept confidential and between us and that third party. It is not used for any other purpose that’s not permitted under the laws.
Please be advised we DO NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION to third parties and have never sold your personal information. We do not intend to sell your personal information in the future either.
Under the CCPA, you still have the right to opt-out of such sales and send us a “do not sell my information” request. If you would like to exercise any of your rights under California law, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only you as the person registered with the California Secretary of State can make such verifiable consumer requested related to your personal information or someone you authorize to act on your behalf.
Your verifiable consumer request must provide sufficient information that allows us to verify that you are the person you are claiming to be or that you are the authorized representative of such person about whom we had collected personal information. You must describe your request with enough details such as your first and last name, address and your country that allow us to properly understand the request and respond to it. Please note we cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information unless we first verify your identity or authority to make such a request and confirm that the personal information relates to you. We will make all attempts to respond to your request within 30 days of receipt.
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED AND DISCLOSED FOR A BUSINESS PURPOSE
The types of personal information we collect and how we use it have already been listed above, but under the CCPA/CPRA, the following categories of personal information may have been collected and disclosed for business purposes in the previous 12 months:
- Identifiers such as your name, address, phone number, email address and other similar identifiers
- Protected classification characteristics such as your age, gender, religion and disability information
- Commercial information such as your use of our products and services
- Internet/Network information such as your IP address, search history, browser and device information
- Geolocation data such as the information about your physical location or movements
- Sensory information such as audio, electronic, photos or other visual information
- Professional or Employment Information such as your job history including previous employer and performance evaluations
- Biometric information such as fingerprints, faceprints, voiceprints, genetic and physiological activity patterns. We do not collect any biometric information from you.
- Education information such as records related to your educational institution (grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules and so forth). We do not collect any such education information.
- Inferences such as information reflecting your interests, preferences, characteristics, physiological trends, and abilities.
- Other Personal Information such as information provided by you directly when you fill a form on our website, register for an event scheduled by us, post a comment on our website or social media, make a purchase from us, telephone number, and any other information you provide to us.
- Sensitive personal information such as your social security, driver’s license, state identification card or passport number. We do not collect this sensitive personal information from you.
The security of your personal information is important to us, and we strive to follow generally commercial industry standards to protect your personal information submitted to us voluntarily and automatically.
Money transactions are not made on the website. If you wish to purchase one of our services, including but not limited to Private Tours and Mini Group Tours you will be required to contact us via email or phone and conduct the payment via Paypal or bank transfer. Payment will be done outside the website following our interaction via email or phone.
Please note that no method of transmission over the Internet is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. When you make a purchase through any means, you will be directed to a third-party vendor to complete the transaction. Any information you provide during the checkout process is not stored on our website but instead provided to the third-party vendor that completes the purchase transaction. When paying via Paypal, we will only get your name, email address, and public information you provided to the payment processing vendor.
By using this website, you agree to hold us harmless for any security breach and for any unauthorized use of your personal information by third parties. You also agree that we cannot be held responsible for any disclosure of your information through our website without our knowledge and consent.