- Learn about what it means to be Jewish – religion, culture and traditions.
- Understand the development of the Jewish community in the Old City of Jerusalem.
- Explore the Jewish Quarter’s synagogues and historical sites.
The Jewish Quarter is the smallest of the four quarters in the Old City of Jerusalem. Nevertheless, it is full of interesting sites and stories. In this 2 hour tour, we’ll go deep into the Jewish Quarter, talk about its development and get to know the Jewish religion and some of its customs.
This tour is made for a crowd that is unfamiliar with the Jewish religion and customs.
This tour is led by Lior from Backpack Israel – Travel Israel on a Budget. She is a licensed English speaking tour guide in Israel and would be happy to answer any of your questions along the way.
In Israel Walking Tours we believe in small groups. That’s why this tour is limited to 15 participants only!
11:00AM – Tour starts from Zion Gate
12:30PM – Tour ends in the Jewish Quarter
*Times are approximate
*English speaking guide
*Entrance to one synagogue and one archeological site in the Jewish Quarter
Important to Note:
- Please bring with you water, a hat, sunscreen and sunglasses, especially on sunny days.
- We will walk about 1.5 km on this tour. There are some stairs on the way, which are not suitable for the disabled.
Book Your Tour Today:
Tour leaves Tuesdays at 11AM from Zion Gate. Precise directions will be given to those who register.
Price: 100 ILS per person (which is around 24 Euros).
This tour is currently only available as a private tour. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info and booking.